29 March 2024

Bucket List


As a long time wrestling fan of 56 years, this fan has been blessed with a lot of moments.  This is something normally not brought up because this blog is for Southeast Asia wrestling and its fans.

 

While doing this post, nine years ago today, I went to my one and only Wrestlemania, WM31 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.  It was definitely a moment of a lifetime.

 

Getting to see at least one NWA, AWA, WWE, WCW, ROH, IMPACT, NJPW and AEW shows in my area are moments not to be forgotten.

 

Seeing at least one wrestling show in two different states (California and Oregon) and three different countries (America, Canada and the Philippines) is something I'll treasure.

 

Seeing the likes of Pat Patterson, Ric Flair, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, the late Eddie Guerrero, The Man - Becky Lynch, Bayley, MJF, Bryan Danielson, Kazuchika Okada, The Usos, Roman Reigns and Randy Orton are moments not to be forgotten. 

 

And yet, there is one thing I've never done, and it is something I would like to do once in my lifetime.

 

That is to stand inside a wrestling ring and see what it is like from a wrestler, referee, ring announcer or staff member perspective.  Believe it or not, it's not something I've thought of a lot.  Being a fan, I've always been focused on the combatants inside the squared circle.

 

This blogger posts about wrestlers, wrestling matches, shows and results.  But, how is it really like inside the squared circle?

 

This thought happened in a dream that I had last night.  Obviously, this blogger has been looking at too much material in social media lately.

 

Hope everyone has a good and safe Holy Week weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment