01 December 2023

51 Weeks Later!


The year has flown by fast for this blogger.  It was 51 weeks ago tomorrow in seeing my first pro wrestling show outside North America.


Since then, it feels like that I've known the Manila Wrestling Federation group, it's fan base known as the kapafeds and the Pinoy Wrestling Community for several years.  When joining the different groups on Facebook back in September 2022, it was a good feeling just to share things with wrestling fans.  It has been much more than that.  Being welcomed in the Pinoy Wrestling Community is like no other.  Am grateful for this and salamat po!  


Wrestling fans here in the Philippines are like no other that I've experienced.  They are passionate, knowledgeable, witty, humorous and know the industry inside out.  Some of the wrestling fans have told me that they've learned a lot from my knowledge.  Honestly, this fan has learned a lot from you guys!  I've never been one to say that I know everything about pro wrestling in spite of the 55+ years in following it.  Even if I did, staying as humble as possible is the way I was brought up by my parents.


The promotions here in the Philippines?  Filipino Pro Wrestling, World Underground Wrestling Philippines and the Manila Wrestling Federation have been great with me!  The cooperation has been top notch.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  Though this is an MWF post, I cannot say enough about the other two promotions here.  The memories are still on my mind from the August visit.  This fan learned so much in the three shows over eight days.  I wish wrestling fans throughout the world could have experienced what was experienced.


Back to tomorrow's Noche Buena show, it is a SELLOUT with a small amount of tickets available at the door (I believe 1000 pesos).  The event is at the PMC Spotlight Center, Circuit Makati and beginning at 4:30pm.  If you are still "on the fence" about going, now is your chance!  Just trying to help you decide.


No question it should be a great show on Sunday.  Every match has some meaning to it.  There are two title matches, a match for the Hong Kong - Philippine Cup, a Women's Four Way Match with a debut of one wrestler, and a match for the number one contender for the MWF Pinoy Wrestling Championship sometime in 2024.  Also, five wrestlers from two countries (Hong Kong and Japan) will be appearing.


Looking forward to tomorrow.  The anticipation is definitely high and special.  To the kapafeds reading this....please enjoy the show!  This is an amazing lineup of matches and none of us should take this for granted.  Also, please continue to support MWF as well as the other two promotions if you follow them.  The promotions will definitely appreciate it.


See you guys tomorrow.  I will be wearing the black MWF shirt with my dark blue SF cap.  Will be sitting somewhere in the first row.  In the meantime, Merry Christmas in advance and have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment