04 December 2023

Thank You Everyone!




Wanted to take the time here to thank everyone who has read at least one post here on Pro Wrestling Today.  It is a constant project in progress and hopefully, wrestling fans are enjoying it.  While at the Manila Wrestling Federation show this past Sunday, numerous fans came up to me and thanked me for doing this.  


I've always said that this is not for me, but on the wrestling community no matter where.  If any of you have any comments or suggestions on making it better, please let me know here or on Facebook.  This fan is touched and really appreciated what the wrestling community has said.  Hopefully, I'm doing a little something right to help make pro wrestling a little better in Southeast Asia!  


Anyone can get on the internet and read about WWE, AEW, etc.  However, promotions like Manila Wrestling Federation, Singapore Pro Wrestling, Vietnam Pro Wrestling and 13-15 other promotions in the region deserve more ink!


From that this fan has seen this year, pro wrestling is booming in the region.  Wrestling shows are selling out!  Podcasts based in America are finally realizing that there is a product here.  One specific podcast has interviewed two Asian promotions over the past several months.  Promotions have been able to secure pro wrestling for television.  Pro Wrestling Illustrated has mentioned several Asian pro wrestlers over the past calendar year and have mentioned them in their top wrestlers list.  All these things are long, long overdue but appreciated!  Pro wrestling became global in 1972 when today's New Japan Pro Wrestling was formed.  If people still feel that pro wrestling is only a North American way of sports entertainment, you've been living under a rock!  Get with the program!


Just so I'm not being picky, I didn't know about pro wrestling in Southeast Asia until November 2018.  Finding out from a fellow running friend in the Metro Manila area of the Philippines was the best thing ever to happen.  It took four years before attending my first wrestling show outside North America where I live.  If this fan could only turn the clock back, I wished it would have been much sooner.  However, it is what it is, I guess.  Pro wrestling means much more to me personally today than it did prior to November 2018.


There is one thing I can say in my 55 years of following pro wrestling.  Wrestling IS better today than it was when I first started following in 1968!  Overall, the wrestlers are better.  They are in better shape.  The equipment is better.  Safety is very important.  The training is better than before.  This fan doesn't know what to call this era in pro wrestling but it is a golden time globally!


I'll be taking a brief break until next Thursday.  Being on vacation, there are people that I'm looking forward to seeing.  Sightseeing here in the Philippines, a 5K race this coming weekend and turning 72 years young are on the agenda.  When I get back to America, there will be a lot of items to write before the Christmas/New Year's break.  Here are some of the items.


One interview with a huge Pinoy wrestling fan that this fan did prior to the MWF Noche Buena show.

An interview with Mr. Geylang of Ring Of Rebirth/Singapore.

Results from Todos Los Wrestling (MWF)

Results from Vietnam Pro Wrestling's last show (and yes, the Chris Jericho appearance at the end of the show).

Results from Malaysia Pro Wrestling's show.

Grapplemax Pro Wrestling's Upcoming show (Singapore).

Update on Middle Kingdom Wrestling's show in January in China.

and

More on the 2023 MWF Noche Buena show, an observation (no results because I'm no spoiler) and the new venue for pro wrestling at UP Dillman in Quezon City.


So to those who read this.......please be patient!  A little relaxation is needed by this fan.  Getting recharged makes the posts and the blog better too.


Anyway, please be safe everyone and will post again next week!   

No comments:

Post a Comment