24 October 2023

Interview #11 - Le Tyler (VPW)


Moving on to the next wrestler's interview, definitely this one is overdue. He goes by the ring name of Le Tyler. While early in watching the Vietnam Pro Wrestling videos, Le Tyler was a wrestler that caught my eye.

 

He's strong, fluid with his wrestling moves and more. Though he hasn't been in pro wrestling long, you can tell he is thinking steps ahead of his opponent.

 

Le Tyler won the VPW Openweight Championship against Rocky Huynh a couple of years ago.  He held the title for awhile before losing it to Phong Tran

 

Instead of chattering more, I'll let Le Tyler share the story with the readers. Le Tyler, thanks for being gracious and wanting to do the interview. Hope things are well. Here we go.

 

Wayne:  When did you first start following wrestling and who did you like or follow as a fan? 

 

Le Tyler: Back when I was around 10 or 11, I was on a vacation with my school. At that time e.o talked about “SMACKDOWN”, “619”, “WATER SPITTING”, “RKO”, “JOHN CENA”, “BATISTA”. I didn’t have cable tv due to the hard condition so I had no idea what they were talking about. Then when we arrived at the hotel, that was the first time SMACKDOWN on Truesport2, also the first time I watch a cable channel. That when I saw a match between a guy wearing a mask which is now I know is Rey Mysterio, the other one I couldn’t remember. I was like WOW, “this is a new world” things… and I started to look into this Smackdown stuff, you know, my mind was opened. Those guys are cool, especially them being with the title and their catching theme song. Thanks to my parents that they installed wifi and cable tv when things got better, and I was like drowning in this wrestling world for the whole secondary school time. I didn’t miss a single show on those days. The one who brought me into this was Rey Mysterio, but I have to say my favorite of all time is Jeff Hardy. “NO MORE WORDS” is my ring tone, I watched all the matches I could find of Jeff Hardy. I can sit all day watching him flying, performing, and swantoning. I love his face paint too. I hope one day he will be inducted into the HOF.

 

Wayne:  When did you decide that you wanted to get into professional wrestling?

 

Le Tyler: There are two turning points. First is the area of The Shield, I first saw those three men in riot vest, banging all the guy on their way, I started to form my own faction in class, and I always say “Believe in the Shield” like a lunatic :)) my friend started to call me Mad Dog, but I think it’s cool. Then I start working out to be looked like them, below is the image :)), and wish that one day I would be a wrestler, the fact is I must be a wrestler. The second turning point is when SPWC (Saigon Pro Wrestling Club) had a show in Da Nang, I had a chance to meet them. That was also the first time I stepped up into a wrestling ring. I had decided I must go to SG to wrestle. The only way I can do it is through university graduation. I’ve actually done it, which is now you are interviewing me, a VPW wrestler.

 

Wayne: As a wrestler, do you like being a face, heel, or both? 

 

Le Tyler: Actually, I like being a tweener, lean a little bit to the heel side because there’s no reason. I just like it. The one who is the best tweener in this business is Randy Orton so far, I think.

 

Wayne:  As a wrestler, what do you think is your favorite maneuver (it can be more than one)?

 

Le Tyler: How can I say, everything is my favorite. I love wrestling, I love everything about it. There is no favorite because everything is favorite. I just give all to it.

 

Wayne:  As a wrestler, I know you're also a fan. What has been your favorite moment as a wrestler, a fan, or both?

 

Le Tyler: My favorite moment is Dean Ambrose cashing in his MITB successfully. it was 6/19/2016, and you know, I must freaking study for my national examination. I woke up really soon, just to watch the whole show, and didn’t give a damn about the studying. An at the end of the show, when finally Dean was the World Champion, I knew that I was sure 100% I would graduate, no need to study, and here I am. I yelled fracking loud that my neighbor thought I had mental issues because of studying.

 

Wayne:  Le Tyler, you brought up some great wrestlers. Mysterio, Cena, Batista, Hardy, The Shield, Ambrose and Orton! They are the greats over the last several years. When I think of WWE, they are always among the first mentioned. You were so close to winning in the Openweight Championship Match against Rocky Huynh. I watched it not knowing who was the champion when the pandemic halted the shows. This wrestling blogger can see a championship belt around your waist in the near future.

 

Le Tyler, thank you for doing this. Hopefully soon, wrestling will return with a great card in Vietnam. All the best to you and to the Vietnam Pro Wrestling group.

No comments:

Post a Comment