31 October 2023

Interview #14 - Robynn


 

Continuing with the blog interviews, this one is way overdue and the first with a woman wrestler.

 

Robynn is one of the early pioneers of women's wrestling in the Philippines.  Along with Crystal, whom this fan has the utmost respect for as well, Ashura and Starling from this blogger's memory, Robynn is one that I first watched on You Tube when first watching the Philippine Wrestling Revolution.

 

The match this blogger saw was the Wrevolution X2017 show with Robynn and Crystal one-on-one. I believe the match, in its entirety, is still on You Tube today.

 

What I remembered from the match was how good both wrestlers were and still are today!  Robynn can take punishment and can give it out as well.  She is as tough as nails!     

 

I had the opportunity to see her live when Filipino Pro Wrestling had their final show in August called Astig.  On that show, Robynn faced Thiago in a singles match.  The match will be on You Tube in the future so watch out for it.  

 

Speaking of You Tube, just this past week, Robynn was in a singles match against FPW's, Dax Xaviera.  It is the Astig Episode 7 version.  Please check out this match and all the episodes thus far!

 

Recently, this blogger did an interview with Robynn.  She was, more than gracious, in wanting to do this.  Being a wrestling fan, I'm sometimes a bit shy asking because of wanting to give performers their space.  However,  this fan is grateful for her doing this.  Robynn, thank you so much.  Hopefully, this will be an inspiration for women to try out for wrestling at a wrestling academy locally.  In Southeast Asia, there are a shortage of women in wrestling.  Hopefully, the trend will change very soon.

 

Here is the interview.  Hope everyone enjoys it.       

 

Wayne:  Other than the pandemic time, when did you begin in pro wrestling?


Robynn:  I started training in 2015 with PWR and debut in 2016.

 

Wayne:  Was there a woman wrestler that inspired you or that you followed when you began to watch it?

 

Robynn:  I wouldn't really say "inspired" me and I "followed", but I did like watching Lita and Trish Stratus back then.

 

Wayne:  Is there a favorite promotion(s) that you follow today?  It could be local, international or both.  

 

Robynn:  Of course FPW is my favorite local promotion. HAHAHA. As for an international promotion, as much as Ralph and I can, we watch AEW every week.

 

Wayne:  Do you enjoy participating in singles, tag team matches or both?

 

Robynn:  I enjoy participating in both singles and tag team matches. Although, if I'm gonna go back to tag team matches, I only want it to be with Martivo.

 

Wayne:  In your time as a pro wrestler, what do you believe was your most memorable match that you were in? 

 

Robynn:  This is a hard question. Hahahaha. But I would say the 8-man tag house show in Eastwood called Unfather's Day. The reason is kinda personal to me. Hahahaha. 🤭 

 

Wayne:  I'm a big believer that there should be a Women's World Cup championship in Southeast Asia.  There are several titles such as the Queen Of Asia, APAC Women's and a couple more.  Would this be a good idea?  I feel there should be more titles. 

 

Robynn:  For someone who wrestled men almost her entire wrestling career, I feel like women could also go one on one with men for championships and titles.

 

Wayne:  What are your thoughts on pro wrestling in the Philippines now, and its future?

 

Robynn:  Pro Wrestling in the Philippines is looking bright. We're just getting started. One day, it will be huge, and no one can stop us.


No comments:

Post a Comment