26 October 2023

Interview #12 - Thiago (FPW)


When visiting the Philippines back in August, this fan heard some really good things about the wrestler in the upcoming interview.

 

Thiago is definitely a wrestler to watch.  Seeing pro wrestling for a long time, one doesn't see wins and losses.  It is how the wrestler performs in the ring, the effort and the response from the fan base.  Certainly, "The Gym Bro" from Cebu get the attention from those in attendance.  Watching him in the FPW Astig match against Robynn was not only a solid match for both competitors, but it was a treat for all of us there that day.

 

This fan wants to thank Thiago for agreeing and wanting to do this interview.  Though he has been in pro wrestling less than a year, fans and his peers know that he has a bright future in the industry.  Certainly, this blogger is in his corner! 

 

Wayne:  Other than the pandemic time, how long have you been a pro wrestler? 

 

Thiago - I debuted on November 20, 2022, so almost a year. I only had 6 matches so far.

 

Wayne:  When did you believe that you wanted to become a wrestler?

 

Thiago:  I've always wanted to become a pro-wrestler when I was a kid. I lived in Cebu for 5 years. When PWR started, I was in Cebu and I couldn't train to become a pro-wrestler. When Daniel Bryan came back from retirement, and did his "fight for your dreams" promo, I went back home to Manila so I could train and become a pro wrestler.

 

Wayne:  What was your favorite promotion when you first followed wrestling? 

 

Thiago:  WWE. At the time, WWE was the only well-known promotion.

 

Wayne:  Do you have a favorite promotion either locally and/or internationally that you follow? - Locally, of course I love our product, and I watch every match on the card. Internationally, I only watch WWE. I prefer watching them because of the pace, storytelling, and psychology. Sorry AEW fans.

 

Wayne:  Is there a current and/or international wrestler that you follow today?

 

Thiago:  I'm a huge Kevin Owens fan and he's my favorite pro-wrestler of all time. So yeah, KO. Recently, Gunther has been making classic matches. 

 

Wayne:  Up to know, what was your most memorable wrestling match that you were a part of?

 

Thiago:  I only had 6 matches overall, so everything is memorable, but my favorite match that I'm a part of is my most recent match with Robynn. The crowd was really loud and the storytelling of that match was on point. Everything that we envisioned happened. I can speak for everyone for this, but I think every time that we have a show, we all improve. That's what I feel about myself. Every time that I have a match, I keep on improving.

 

Wayne:  What are your thoughts on wrestling in the Philippines now and its future?

 

Thiago:  I think the future's bright. There are 2 big local wrestling promotions. MWF has a TV deal, and FPW has a growing YouTube channel that is extremely well produced. I think in 3-5 years, wrestling will be big in the Philippines, as long as we have this undying support from our fans, and us wrestlers continue to grow and improve. Everyone that you see on an FPW show, everyone trains regularly, cuz if you don't, you won't be booked. On FPW, we try our best to give our fans the best product as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment