22 October 2023

Interview #5 - Dax Xaviera (FPW)


The next interview is a for this blogger and fan, a long waited one. It is the first one with Filipino Pro Wrestling performer, Dax Xaviera.

 

Dax has been wrestling in the Philippines for several years now. Up until Sunday, August 27th, had only seen him take part in matches on You Tube.

 

Our first interaction was on the social media platform, Facebook, a few months. He has been great and gracious to chat with. This fan has always been grateful for the time shared with his busy schedule. Dax, besides wrestling, has a clothing brand known as Dax Clothing. This fan purchased one of his shirts prior to the visit. The size and quality was very good. If anyone has a chance, please visit the Dax Clothing page on Facebook and see for yourself.

 

Without talking further, here is the interview completed just recently. Thank you Dax for the time doing this. Am really appreciative. Hopefully, this will lead to more interviews with FPW and pinoy wrestling performers in the near future.

 

Wayne:  Dax, how long, other than the pandemic time, have you been wrestling? 

 

Dax:  I debuted May of 2016 so not counting the pandemic years, I've been wrestling for 5 years now. 

 

Wayne:  What moment made you feel that you wanted to become a professional wrestler?

 

Dax:  No moment in particular but I always loved this sport ever since I was in high school. I always imagined having wrestling events in our school gymnasium. I loved the concept of telling stories through in-ring fights. Then sometime back in 2014, during wee hours in my day job, I just randomly thought of looking for any wrestling promotion in the Philippines and that's when I learned about PWR (Philippine Wrestling Revolution) and I said to myself, once they open their tryouts I'll go.

 

Wayne:  Dax, this may be a tough question, but what was your best pro match up to now? 

 

Dax:  This is a really tough one but I'll go for my All Out War Championship match against Martivo in Wrevolution X 2019, then close second is my All Out War title defense against Robynn at Path Of Gold two months prior.

 

Wayne:  Do you have a favorite promotion that you watch outside of FPW? It can be local, international or both. 

 

Dax:  Well besides WWE and AEW, I find time to watch other promotions like New Japan, Stardom, among others. I try to watch as many as I can during my free time. 

 

Wayne:  Dax, do you have a favorite wrestler that you follow today? Local, International or both?

 

Dax:  Edge and Finn Balor comes to mind as I patterned most of my moveset to them. I also copied some moves of Cesaro/Claudio Castagnoli. For the younger ones, Anthony Bowens moves so flawlessly. I love him with Max Caster and Billy Gunn. 

 

Wayne:  Your thoughts on pro wrestling in the Philippines now and it's future?

 

Dax:  I love that it's back after the pandemic. Honestly I really miss doing this so when the time we were told that we're going to be in a new promotion (FPW), I was ecstatic though I had a hard time returning to in-ring shape after gaining lots of pounds during the 2-year halt. I love that it's slowly gaining steam especially that FPW Astig (You Tube) is just 2 weeks away as of this writing so yeah, I'm really excited about its future now that we're getting the exposure we were deprived of when pandemic hit. It's still in its infancy stage but I'm really looking forward to the next few months now that pro-wrestling here in the Philippines is slowly gaining back its lost momentum. We now have the tools we never had before, FPW has a clear vision of where it's heading, so yeah, the future is looking really bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment